By Foster Klug The Associated Press Fri., March 1, 2019 HANOI, VIETNAM—A day after his stunning summit breakdown with Donald Trump, North Korean leader Kim Jong Un smiled broadly as he strode down a red carpet with Vietnam’s president Friday, a military band playing as stiff-backed soldiers goose-stepped by. With Trump back in Washington, and both countries spinning their version of what happened during one of the most high-profile diplomatic collapses in recent years, Kim seemed confident and poised — a world leader taking his place on the international stage — as he stepped out of his armoured limousine, embraced President Nguyen Phu Trong, the country’s top leader and Communist Party chief, and accepted a bouquet of flowers from a beaming girl. On Saturday he is expected to be driven back to the border with China where he will board his armoured train for a 60-plus-hour trip, through the sprawl of China, back home to Pyongyang, North Korea’s capital. But Friday saw his black limousine rolling beneath fluttering Vietnamese and North Korean flags — the U.S. ones have been mostly taken down — as a large crowd jammed the city’s streets and waved flowers. Talks between Kim and Trump broke… Read full this story
- North Korea’s Kim leaves Vietnam after summit breakdown
- North Korea confirms Kim Jong Un on train to summit with Trump
- North Korea leader Kim_ US president Trump meet for second summit
- North Korea's Kim leaves Vietnam after summit flops
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un is open to another summit with Trump
- Mike Pompeo Explains How Donald Trump 'Fell In Love' With North Korea's Kim Jong Un: 'Relationships Matter'
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un rethinking U.S. talks; Pompeo remains optimistic
- Donald Trump Takes Strongman at His Word Again, Says North Korea's Kim Jong Un Didn't Kill American Otto Warmbier
- North Korean leader Kim Jong Un steps off armored train in Vietnamese border town ahead of summit with Donald Trump
- North Korea's Kim Jong Un gives U.S. to year-end to become more flexible
North Korea leader Kim Jong Un tours Hanoi after summit breakdown have 343 words, post on www.thestar.com at March 1, 2019. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.