HOUSTON — It looked like nothing. It might not have been a huge deal. But to Miguel Andujar, it was a strong first step.Hoping to avoid season-ending shoulder surgery, Andujar played catch for the first time since going on the injured list April 1 before a game against the Astros at Minute Maid Park on Wednesday. “I definitely felt better than I thought I was going to feel,” the third baseman said.Andujar has what manager Aaron Boone has called a slight tear in his right shoulder labrum. He suffered the injury diving back to first base.The 2018 American League Rookie of the Year runner-up has been rehabbing the joint rather than immediately hitting the operating table.He’s one of 11 Yankees on the IL, including ace Luis Severino (right lat strain), star slugger Giancarlo Stanton (left biceps strain) and shortstop Didi Gregorius (Tommy John surgery).“This is a new experience for me. I’ve never been here before. I’ve been pretty healthy throughout my baseball career. I didn’t know what to expect,” said Andujar, who made 25 throws from 60 feet to infield coordinator Carlos Mendoza.Said manager Aaron Boone: “I feel like it’s still too early but I think it was significant in… Read full this story
- Miguel Andujar, the Yankees’ 18-Game Veteran, Outshines Phenom’s Debut
- Luis Severino, Miguel Andujar lead Yankees to win over Jays, 5-1
- Miguel Andujar Lifts Yankees Past Indians In 9th
- Rookie Miguel Andujar off to historic start for Yankees
- Rookies Miguel Andujar, Gleyber Torres making major impact for Yankees
- Recovering Brandon Drury vs. red-hot Miguel Andujar — who’s going to play?
- Miguel Andujar will get his chance after all
- Yankees place faith in rookie Miguel Andujar, assign Brandon Drury to Triple-A
- New York Yankees: Miguel Andujar gets the call
- David Lennon: Young Yankees duo of Miguel Andujar, Gleyber Torres will make impact
How Miguel Andujar encouraged Yankees important step have 315 words, post on www.nj.com at April 10, 2019. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.