I am seeing very early signs of a Google search ranking update that started last night and has been fluctuating in and out this morning into the various Google data centers. The automated tracking tools aren’t really showing much yet but the WebmasterWorld forums has some early chatter from the SEO community.
Again, this is really early and it might be just a test or a blip in Google. Google is yes, always updating, there are always people complaining about changes to their rankings. But when I see a change in activity of those complaints, I like to report them to you as a sign that potentially something bigger happened. To be fair, most of the updates we report on go unconfirmed, but the ones that do end up being confirmed one way or another are first reported here.
That being said, here is some of the early chatter:
G has been running a 24hrs on and off test for some days now.
Example: I’ll get a 60% boost in organic traffic at say; 11am, then get a 60% drop at exactly 11am the next day. The boost will last for 24hrs, the drop will last for 24hrs.
This has been happening for some days now, has anyone noticed this same pattern?
Same. Saw an insane traffic surge from Google for a few hours and then it just turned off.
Seeing huge changes again today. Looks like G is up to something again at our end…….. ¬_¬
Agreed. Some huge fluctuations indeed. There was huge traffic surge at the beginning today then all of a sudden traffic didn’t drop just became zero in some cases.
Here are the tracking tools:
Are you noticing any changes across your clients or your own web sites in Google search? Let us know.
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.
- Google's Home app updates aim for easier third-party integration
- New study to monitor ex-soccer stars for early signs of dementia
- Android Google Search lets you use an app without installing it
- Notorious B1G Podcast: Early Signing and All-Star Games wrap-up
- A £1m project launched into early signs of dementia in football amid concerns women are at greater risk
- Unified junior welterweight champion Josh Taylor signs with Top Rank, opens the door to big fights
- Trump's Deputy Press Secretary Mocked After Falsely Claiming Obama Killed Libyan President Muammar Gaddafi: 'Just do a Google Search'
- Android 8.1 Developer Preview hands-on: Everything new in Google’s latest OS [Updated]
- DuckDuckGo destroys Bing in Google's Android search auction in the EU
- Google to give four default search engine options to Android users in EU countries