Donald Trump signed an executive order on Wednesday that effectively bars US companies from using telecoms equipment supplied by “foreign adversaries” deemed to pose “unacceptable risks” to national security. The “national emergency” ban is aimed at controversial Chinese telecom Huawei, which the US claims could use equipment supplied to forthcoming 5G voice and data networks to spy on western governments. The US has warned allies that if they allow Huawei technology inside their 5G networks they may be frozen out of US intelligence sharing. UK Theresa May last month provisionally approved the use of Huawei technology for non-core parts of the UK’s future 5G telecoms networks after a meeting of the National Security Council. A leaked account of the meeting said five cabinet ministers raised concerns about the company. Vodafone has said it will begin rolling out its 5G network – using Huawei technology – on 3 July. Australia and New Zealand Australia was the first country to introduce a broad ban on Huawei technology from forthcoming 5G networks because of security concerns. New Zealand later blocked Huawei from participating in a major 5G network. Huawei has lodged a complaint about the Australian ban with the World Trade Organization calling… Read full this story
- Republican Senators Tell Microsoft Huawei Threat Is 'Real and Urgent'
- Republican Senators Tell Microsoft Huawei Threat is ‘Real and Urgent’
- Donald Trump escalates threats against migrant caravan
- Trump aid threat to Honduras over migrants
- Trump army threat to stop caravan migrants
- After everything they've been through, Trump's threats won't stop caravan migrants: 'We have nothing'
- ‘No Sovereignty': Central American Nations Buckle Under Trump's Aid Threats
- Supreme Court Justice hits out at Donald Trump in rare public criticism
- Midterm election results 2018: Donald Trump hails his 'very big victory'
- Trump Is Mentally Unfit, No Exam Needed
How other countries are responding to Trump's Huawei threat have 289 words, post on www.theguardian.com at May 16, 2019. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.