Appearing on the singing contest The Voice was life changing in more ways than one for shy singer Ayanam Udoma. Not only did he win hearts with his soft and melodic rendition of the Oasis classic Wonderwall, the musician was finally diagnosed and got the help he needed after battling obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) for six years. Singer-songwriter Ayanam realised in 2013 that something was wrong but it was only after his time on the ITV singing show that he was finally diagnosed with the anxiety disorder, which can cause unwelcome and distressing negative thoughts, worries or doubts as well as compulsive behaviour. He said: “I had unwanted, negative thoughts and worried that I was an evil person. “I saw a therapist this year and and I’m now in my tenth week of cognitive behavioral therapy, which is helping me to process my thoughts. “There was a moment that I thought ‘I can’t do this anymore’.” Ayanam, who studied marketing in Manchester and quit his job as a digital marketer to take part in The Voice, was contacted by fans with anxiety who told him he inspired them by appearing on the ITV singing contest. It was then he realised that… Read full this story
- How Michael Jordan’s Trainer Used Emotional Intelligence to Help Him Become the GOAT
- 11 best uses for reusing & repurposing old tech around the house
- Does having OCD put you at a higher risk of drug addiction?
- Resident Evil set to get it’s own Netflix TV series with whole new cast
- Making Ash a Dad on Ash vs. Evil Dead Has Made the Show Even More Kick-Ass
- 'Beyond Good and Evil 2' live-stream offers peek at character customization
- UPDATED: Craig DiGregorio on leaving Ash Vs. Evil Dead and the original season two finale
- Resident Evil Village review – small-town life with Lady Dimitrescu
- The Second Season of Ash vs Evil Dead Will Contain Ash's Craziest Fight Scene Ever
- Evil amplifies its supernatural side in a superb 2nd season
I used to worry I was evil but then I got help for my OCD have 325 words, post on www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk at May 27, 2019. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.