About a month ago, Google dropped the green ad label and switched it to a black ad label. The SEM community were not fans of this change, they felt it blended too much with the organic ads espesially since Google also rolled out favicons in the organic search results. Well, Google may be testing bringing back the green ad label now.
John Lavapie shared a screen shot with me on Twitter of Google testing a green ad label in the search results again:
To be clear, I don’t know if this is a bug, feature or test but clearly this guy saw the old green ad label in the mobile search results return.
With all the hate and dislike with the black ad label, if Google returned to the old green ad label – it might just communicate to the industry that Google is doing right? Maybe?
Forum discussion at Twitter.
- Tutorial: How to Setup Google DFP for Selling Ads
- How Google Tests Software
- Google Launches New Mobile Ad Displays
- Google Approves Responsive AdSense Ads
- Google India Brings Voice Search to Hyderabad
- Peabody-raised scribe Brian Hayes Currie talks bringing ‘Green Book’ to the big screen
- Tough test awaits Greens in FA Cup
- Driving test goes green
- Honda and Nissan bringing green race cars to Le Mans
- When times get tough for Draymond Green, he hears from Tom Izzo