After a few months of testing, Google has officially launched the new icon based top menu search bar on desktop search. So instead of it just showing text for the search categories or verticals, i.e. news, videos, images, maps, shopping, finance, etc – there are cute little icons that accompany those text links.
Google confirmed with me at Search Engine Land that this new look started to roll out yesterday and I think by now, everyone should see this new design this morning. Here is a screen shot of it that you can click on and enlarge to see it:
Here is the old text based design:
Forum discussion at Twitter.
- Mele village officially launches New Nations Party
- Pret launches new autumn menu for 2019
- Burger King launches new halloumi burger in UK
- Spar launches new £2m south Belfast store
- Rihanna to launch new fashion label with LVMH
- Meek Mill launches new record label with Jay-Z’s Roc Nation
- Sky launches new online child safety controls in Ireland
- Inside Bambinos the new late-night bar in Princes Avenue
- Deliveroo officially launches in Maidenhead
- Alexa Chung launches new collaboration with Barbour