Google’s Pascal Birchler, who has been with Google since this past January, but worked at WordPress since 2014 prior to that, published a new project where Google and WordPress want to integrate basic XML Sitemaps in WordPress Core and introduce an XML Sitemaps API to make it fully extendable.This will make it so WordPress has XML Sitemaps out of the box. Will this replace Yoast? No, in fact, it says “This post proposes integration of XML Sitemaps to WordPress Core as a feature project. The proposal was created as a collaboration between Yoast, Google and various contributors.”XML Sitemaps will be enabled by default making the following content types indexableHomepage Posts page Core Post Types (Pages and Posts) Custom Post Types Core Taxonomies (Tags and Categories) Custom Taxonomies Users (Authors) Additionally, the robots.txt file exposed by WordPress will reference the sitemap index.Here is a diagram:Seems like John, Gary and friends are excited for this: Forum discussion at Twitter.
- How To Create A XML Sitemap In 4 Easy Steps
- Google Fiber building in Louisville despite lawsuit from AT&T and Charter
- The Best WordPress Plugins
- The All-In-One SEO WordPress Plugin Is Still the Top of the Game
- Google's Coolest Tech Is Getting Harder and Harder to See
- The New Google Earth Is Now Available on iOS
- Google Buys Cisco Buildings, Continues Silicon Valley Expansion
- The Best and Worst of Google I/O 2017
- Everything New About Android From Google I/O
- Customers who ordered electric flying cars from Google founder Larry Page's firm have had their deposits returned after prototypes caught FIRE amid accusations safety concerns were ignored
Google Proposes Building XML Sitemaps Into WordPress Core have 273 words, post on www.seroundtable.com at June 12, 2019. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.