I am seeing chatter within the SEO community throughout the past 24 hours and many of the automated Google tracking tools seem to be corroborating with that chatter that there may have been a Google update yesterday. Now, Google has not confirmed this update – so it is likely not a core update but might be something else going on.
Google likes to confirm those core updates and I assume that since they didn’t pre-announce anything there that this is not a core update. Could it be a tweak to the June core update? Possibly or it can be a completely different Google algorithm update that Google does not want to talk about. It can also be something search spam related impacting a specific set of factors or it can be a bug with Google or a batch of sites.
Yes an update is rolling out, I’m down -15% in today’s update.
I’m seeing the same here, I was down about 15% yesterday and it’s looking worse for today.
More drops for anyone today? Another 10% drop here
I am seeing big changes in the SERPs now. I see what feels like an update is underway OR at least some kind of tweaks.
Here are screen shots from the automated Google ranking checkers:
Do you see ranking changes and Google organic search traffic changes over the past 24 hours or so?
Forum discussion at WebmasterWorld.
- From cricket, politics, Abhinandan to Chandrayaan 2, here's what dominated 2019's Google search in India
- Beaches among most Google searched destinations in Vietnam
- Weather dominates Vietnam’s 2019 Google search trends
- Google: Search is changing, so here's how you'll now see news search results
- Google Chrome gets an update for iOS and desktop: Here’s what’s new
- Don't be jealous of iMessage. Google's fancy texting update is rolling out
- Settling in Seddon: A Google search, 'caring for orphaned lambs', and instant regret
- Conductor Raises $20M Series C To Improve Customers’ Search Rankings, Outlines Ambitions Beyond SEO
- Making of 'The Two Popes': Director Fernando Meirelles Cast Francis After Google Search
- Google has to tell 1.1 million kids every year that Santa Claus isn’t real