Since the introduction of Google Feed in 2017, expansion into the idea of having a scrollable smart feed of interesting content has expanded. The original concept was to have a list that changes with you. Previously known and introduced as Google Feed, the service has been revamped and re-branded as Google Discover with the addition of important features.
Machine learning algorithms have evolved considerably to better anticipate what is interesting and important to you. Featuring different news cards for content, stories are displayed across a broad range of categories from sport scores and highlights, news, videos, new music and more can all be viewed. Trending stories or even important local content can also be displayed. And the more you use it, the better the content. Above each of the suggested cards, topic headers are visible explaining why you are seeing that.
Whenever a new topic appears, you can click and dive deeper and learn more about it. Over time as your start following what matters to you, suggested content will improve. Because not everyone has the same level of engagement in each topic you follow, a single tap on the control icon at the bottom left of each card, allows you to indicate whether you would like to see more or less content from a variety of online sources for topics of interest. With its implementation already present on mobile platforms, the timing for a release on desktop browsers could be coming soon.
Social media platforms and YouTube already dominate large portions of the digital content we are recommended. Discover will impact SEO strategy as it focus on its promises is given. Especially in light of the long-term plan is to transition these features to the Google homepage on mobile browsers.
As our marketing manager at SEO Shark, James takes on the responsibility of overseeing the creation of original, persuasive and high quality content that is an integral part of how we achieve success for our clients. Through his experience working in the SEO field, James has developed a robust understanding of core digital marketing principles and has a particular interest in the growing importance of sincere and engaging content in world where issues like ‘fake news’ have become a major talking point.
- State papers: Chinook crash tributes from Dublin underlined new era of co-operation
- 'Chennai Connect' start of new era in India-China relations: PM Modi
- Google launches new password and account protection tools for Safer Internet Day
- Google Maps new feature will make it much easier to find shop opening times
- New Era Estate landlords reveal details of plans to flatten and rebuild homes
- Tracey Kennedy declares ‘new era’ for Cork GAA, lauds ‘positive’ tie-up with Croke Park
- Q&A with Hull Trains as a new era begins for troubled service
- New era for Buxton's Pavilion Gardens as venue reopens after winter break
- Google Maps' new feature is perfect for people with a bad sense of direction
- Netanyahu hails 'new era' with Brazil