A few weeks ago we reported that maybe the green ad label is coming back to Google after it went live with the black ad label that the industry was not too happy with. Well, as of now, I am wrong. Danny Sullivan from Google said those seeing the old green ad label are seeing that because Google still has not fully rolled it out to all searchers yet.
Danny Sullivan said on Twitter that they leave a small percentage of searchers able to see the green ad label to do some last bit of testing. He said it should be fully rolled out in the upcoming weeks and no one should see it, but for now, Google is still leaving it open for gathering data from a subset of searchers.
This comes after more people began noticing the green ad label back in the mobile results:
So there you have it – it is not a test, not a bug, just a slower roll out.
Forum discussion at Twitter.
- Longitude Saturday day tickets SOLD OUT in less than an hour as ‘limited number’ remain for other bundles
- Irish fans scramble for limited number of tickets to Niall Horan’s intimate Olympia Theatre gig
- Six of seven Ed Sheeran Irish concerts have officially sold-out with just a limited number left for one Dublin gig
- Memorial moves forward with limited numbers
- Mallorca may limit number of tourists
- Google ads: effective, frustrating, businesses say
- Green Card Numbers Below Target
- Google uncovers Russia-linked ad campaigns aimed at manipulating US election
- Gogglebox viewers slam ‘painfully long’ Google Home advert as cast take part in new ad break takeover
- Joop resuscitates Wunderkind label