I am personally seeing the new card layout when I do searches in Google News on some browsers. On Chrome Mac, I get the card layout but on Safari Mac I get the old bundled list layout.
Here is a screen shot showing the layouts side by side, you can click to enlarge:
This design looks more like the mobile interface for Google News search.
I personally prefer the old format because it shows more sources about the same topic right on the same screen.
Forum discussion at Twitter.
- Google tests Material Design makeover for Google search on the desktop
- 4 reasons why I switched from Google to Bing
- AI, VR, messaging, and wearables: Everything you need to know from Google I/O 2016
- Siri vs. Cortana vs. Google Now: Why Apple’s Siri Is Best
- Windows 10 review: Full of promise, but not a must-have just yet