Update: It seems Google is indexing new content fine – sorry for the false alarm, but I had to test this myself to be sure and my test shows Google is indexing news content fine – at least from this site.
This story is in Google’s index:
Google may not be indexing new content once again. This post will act as a test to see if Google is able to index this story in a timely fashion. It seems the last time Google has indexed a new piece of content on the NY Times or Wall Street Journal was over an hour ago, and these sites publish content all the time.
Here are screen shots of Google News sorted by most recent for these two publications (click to enlarge the images):
Earlier this month, Google was unable to index new content for 24 hours or so – it was resolved the next morning. This happened again in April and also a de-indexing issue prior to that. Google did issue an explanation on April 13th about these issues but it seems we might be having another issue with indexing again.
Are you noticing indexing issues? Hopefully this is nothing – we will find out shortly after I post this at 3:20pm EDT.
Forum discussion at Twitter.
- The 2017 Collins Word of the Year Is… “Fake News”
- Mark Zuckerberg’s 2018 goal is to weed out fake news, hate content from Facebook
- Children to be taught how 'fake' news spread through echo chambers
- Taiwan goes to the polls amid fears of Beijing's influence and fake news
- West failing to tackle Russian hacking and fake news, says Latvia
- Fake News Story About Chuck Schumer Implodes After Pro-Trump Conspiracy Theorists Claim Source Went Dark
- Why It’s Okay to Call It ‘Fake News’
- Police Confirm Legitimacy of Islamic State Text Messages to Stockholm Terrorist, Once Dismissed as ‘Fake News’ by Swedish Media
- Major Swedish Newspapers Set to Editorially Collaborate to Fight ‘Fake News’ Ahead of Election
- ‘Fake news is global phenomenon in digital media’