So we know Google does not want you to try to manipulate Google rankings, including through link schemes. So Google tells you to use the nofollow link attribute as a way to avoid being penalized. Google’s John Mueller said on Twitter that a good general rule is to use the nofollow on any link that is there for “monetary reasons.”
John said “nofollow is good for any link that’s there because of monetary reasons.” The context was around should affiliate links have nofollows on them.
Here are the tweets:
Forum discussion at Twitter.
- Mexico says killing of Israelis linked to money laundering
- 7 Creative Ways to Use the Power of Google Drive With Evernote
- Google inundated with “right to be forgotten” requests
- Google Stadia review: the best of cloud gaming is still just a beta
- DuckDuckGo vs. Google: The Best Search Engine for You
- Apple switches from Bing to Google for Siri web search results on iOS and Spotlight on Mac
- Google Maps will let you enter Incognito Mode, and it won’t store your data
- Your Phone Is Secretly Always Recording: How to Stop Google From Listening
- How to Spot a Potential Crowdfunding Scam or Flop
- RPS Demands: 10 Things All PC Games Should Do