Over the past week or so, I’ve received numerous tweets and notifications from the community that Google is testing much larger fonts in the search results page. Well, now I am seeing it myself in some browsers and yes, it feels much bigger.
Here is the normal size font (click to enlarge):
Here is the larger font (click to enlarge):
Personally, I prefer smaller fonts – I am not of the age where I need glasses to see smaller fonts on my screens. But yea, this feels big.
I tried to find all the people who tweeted at me about the larger fonts and I know I missed most of you, but here are some. I am sorry for leaving some of you out:
Forum discussion at Twitter.
- Google ‘working on search engine to comply with China censorship’
- Google It: Web Search Engine Labels Trump as 'Idiot'
- Trump tops Google Image search results for 'idiot,' and the British are partly to blame
- The top Google Image search result for 'idiot' is Donald Trump
- Vale tests on ‘search and rescue drones for RNLI
- Vale tests on ‘search and rescue drones’
- Smear test fears as results take 12 weeks
- Home HIV test gives a result in 10 minutes
- On the job hunt? Everything you need to know about Google for Jobs
- Google is set to be facing another major EU fine