Previously, Google’s testing tools were rendering websites as though they were being viewed using Chrome 41.
The latest version of Google Chrome is 76 – so, as you can imagine, Google’s testing tools were lagging behind modern web browsers.
With Googlebot now being “evergreen,” it will be continuously updated when a new version of Chrome is released.
Specifically, this change will impact the following tools:
- Search Console’s URL inspection tool
- Mobile-friendly test
- Rich results test
- AMP test
Google notes that these updates went through extensive testing before being rolled out to everyone.
Lastly, users should be aware that Googlebot still uses the same user agent as it did before becoming evergreen.
That may change in the future, but at least for now there is no change to the user agent used in testing tools.
- Intel has created the first quantum computing testing tool, and it’s absolutely vital for volume production
- Intel creates the first quantum computing testing tool, and it’s absolutely vital for volume production
- Xbox One Spring Update Revealed by Microsoft: 1440p Support, Controller Sharing, and More
- Latest BIOS Update For MSI Motherboards Brings Support For CPU-Attached RAID
- Windows 10 October update finally adds ray-tracing support for Nvidia's RTX Turing cards
- Xbox October Update Includes New Avatars, Alexa Support, Dolby Vision, and More
- Islanders Update Adds Sandbox Mode, Extended Support, And More
- Defiance 2050 Interview: Lootbox Philosophy, Unaltered Character Creation Tool, Long Term Support
- Google Nexus 7 2016 Release Date, Specs, Features, News & Update: Upcoming Device Better Than Apple iPad Pro? Andromeda OS On Board?
- Samsung Galaxy S7 vs Google Pixel: Which is Better? Impressive Specs & Features Revealed! Smartphones Are iPhone 7 Killers?