Last night I reported that Google was having issues indexing new content again, yes – again. Danny Sullivan from Google said it seems like that was the case and said “We’ll post on @googlewmc if we confirm and have more to share.” Nothing was posted there – yet. But it does seem like indexing issues are happening for some sites – not all.
Anyway, here is Danny’s tweet from last night:
As of right now, I see nothing on this topic from the @googlewmc Twitter account, I keep looking.
In any event, this is different. My site is being indexed fast and timely, while other sites seem to be seriously delayed in indexing. I am not sure what the issue is, Google never really told us but something is weird.
For example, this site is indexed fine and fast – here is a screen shot of the site command for Google News sorted by most recent (click it to enlarge):
But the WSJ has content from hours ago, not minutes ago, which is not normal (click it to enlarge):
Earlier this month, Google was unable to index new content for 24 hours or so – it was resolved the next morning. This happened again in April and also a de-indexing issue prior to that. Google did issue an explanation on April 13th about these issues but it seems we might be having another issue with indexing again.
Are you having issues since yesterday around 3pm having new content indexed by Google?
- Was Google wrong to fire James Damore after memo controversy?
- The Best VR Headsets for 2019
- Lockly Secure Pro Biometric Smart Lock review
- The 'Humanity First' Candidate
- 'This Week' Transcript: John Brennan
- China's 'New Silk Road' goes straight through the Caucasus
- WeWork investors flinch at IPO plan as losses mount
- FCC votes to help poor people buy broadband and protect privacy online
- Sky Views: Extinction Rebellion were naive on the Tube - and naive in the City too
- Apps Installed On Millions Of Android Phones Tracked User Behavior To Execute A Multimillion-Dollar Ad Fraud Scheme