“People all the time are like, ‘Dude, is the bourbon funding the music? I’m like, ‘No, the music is funding the bourbon.’” When you’re an entrepreneur running multiple businesses, moments of rest and relaxation are few and far between. It appears Tyler Boone is enjoying a rare moment.“I’m on the beach right now,” Boone tells Billboard over the phone. “It’s my first day at the beach [this summer]. I’m, like, pale.”The South Carolina-based singer-songwriter is on the line to discuss his rapidly-growing bourbon brand Boone’s, which just a year and four months post-launch is already available in seven states, with several more (along with Canada) on the horizon.“In one year, we did a thousand cases,” says Boone. “And usually that’s unheard of [for a new liquor brand]. You’ll do maybe a couple hundred.”Boone’s is just the latest business venture for the 29-year-old, who has additionally co-founded artist services company Artist Formula and was a founding member of the Charleston Songwriters Festival, which held its inaugural edition in April. But the bourbon brand is expanding more quickly than anything else he has going.Boone will only take some of the credit for that. A large factor in the whiskey’s speedy rise, he’s quick to… Read full this story
- Ronald Birtcher, who helped build modern-day Orange County, dies at 89
- Ask A Gay Icon: Bronze Avery Gets Career Advice From Nicole Scherzinger
- Canceled US Music Festivals Threaten to Slow Momentum for Rising Latin Acts
- Jerry Snyder, prolific developer who shaped the L.A. skyline, dies at 90
- Executive Turntable: Revolt Names COO, Sony Music India Adds Managing Director
- Publishing Briefs: Boz Scaggs Signs With Concord, Warner Chappell Expands China Presence and More
Spotlight: Singer-Songwriter Tyler Boone on Building His Career With a Rapidly-Growing Bourbon Brand have 290 words, post on www.billboard.com at August 20, 2019. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.