As Silicon Valley seeks to enhance its control over the news consumers are able to view in the lead-up to 2020, experts say many publications are actively shaping their coverage to stay in “Big Tech’s” good graces. Publications that please the companies are rewarded with more exclusive scoops, better technical support and an elevated search-engine ranking, allowing them to reach more readers.“When is the last time you saw an op-ed in The Washington Post that was deeply critical of Facebook or Google? When is the last time you saw Axios or Politico quote a tech whistleblower in a favorable light?” one industry insider asked. Dr. Robert Epstein, a research scientist who supported Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election and who has spent years studying how Google shapes online behavior, said the issue has affected where he gets interviewed. “Even though I’m not a conservative, I keep getting invited to be on conservative talk shows. Why do I never get invited on mainstream, left-leaning shows?” Among top tech companies, Google has been especially aggressive in seeking to manipulate what users are able to view on its platform. In the same vein, sources familiar with the company said, Google is especially… Read full this story
- 'Things are as bad as ever...and are going to get worse': COVID expert's dire warning as CDC projects another 92,000 Americans will die in next THREE weeks as death toll nears 385,000
- Can a common childhood vaccine protect against coronavirus? Here’s what experts say
- Who can he mean? Rupert Murdoch's youngest son James says there will be a 'reckoning' for media who have promoted 'insidious and uncontrollable forces' that have left the public 'believing a falsehood' after Capitol riots
- 'There was no vaccine strategy.' Biden officials say they are starting distributing shots from 'square one' and call Trump's Operation Warp Speed 'complete incompetence' as Nancy Pelosi bemoans the ex-president's 'terrible, ineffective approach'
- Light at the end of the tunnel? Dr. Fauci says one-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine will be approved in TWO WEEKS - as COVID hospitalizations fall 10% in 24 states and new cases decline in 44 states
- Incoming CDC director says new COVID-19 strains show 'possible resistance' to antibodies but not vaccines - as she warns US will reach 500k deaths by mid-February
- Why Australia's vaccine plan 'WON'T WORK': Experts claim government has backed the wrong jab which won't provide herd immunity - leaving nation vulnerable to 'rolling epidemics'
- Biden's new CDC director says they're going to bring in military and medical students to ramp up vaccine rollout: Woeful vaccination program sees just 4.5% of Americans receiving their shot - compared to nearly 30% in Israel
- Dido Harding says UK coronavirus testing system is in one of the 'leading positions worldwide' to track new Covid variants – and admits she fears the pandemic will still 'certainly' throw up unpredicted problems in the future
- No more cod and chips? Traditional fish used in Britain's favourite takeaway is set to be replaced by HAKE as experts say it is more sustainable
TAKALA: Think Google Controls The News? It’s Worse Than You Think, Experts Say have 492 words, post on dailycaller.com at August 6, 2019. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.