News by Press Association 13/09/2019, 1:13 pm Send us a story Sign up to our Daily newsletter Google is changing the way news stories appear on its search engine by boosting “original reporting” in the face of today’s fast-paced demand for information. News outlets that carry out investigations or exclusive interviews do not always stay in the spotlight for long as other places begin to pick it up from them, the tech firm said. To help users find the initial source of these stories, Google is updating its ranking mechanics to support original reporting. “While we typically show the latest and most comprehensive version of a story in news results, we’ve made changes to our products globally to highlight articles that we identify as significant original reporting,” said Richard Gingras, vice president for news at Google. “Such articles may stay in a highly visible position longer. “This prominence allows users to view the original reporting while also looking at more recent articles alongside it.” More than 10,000 raters around the world will be used to teach the algorithms what to look out for when weighing up the authoritativeness of individual pages. However, Google said it had “no absolute definition of… Read full this story
- Google Instant launched, speeds up searches and provides instant results
- How To Use Google Scholar: What Makes This Search Engine Unique?
- Web search engine Google changes name to 'Topeka' on April Fool's Day
- Blekko, new search engine, takes aim at Google by providing spam-free search results
- Google Doodle highlights vets' stories on Veterans Day
- Correction: Climate Change-New York story
- News story helps duo sniff out lost beagle
- Pair adopt abused stray cat after News story
- THE SHOW WILL GO ON! . B'WAY SAYS HS CAN DO 'CHICAGO' AFTER NEWS STORY
- Quickly Tell if a Shared News Story is Old With This Chrome Extension
Google is changing how it prioritises news stories in search have 309 words, post on www.eveningexpress.co.uk at September 13, 2019. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.