Google is officially sunsetting the old version of Search Console. Users who try to access the old version will be redirected to relevant pages in the new Search Console.
There is still no 1-to-1 replacement for every old tool and report in Search Console, so Google will still be keeping these alive for now:
- Remove URLs tool
- Crawl stats report
- Robots.txt testing tool
- URL Parameters tool
- International targeting
- Google analytics association
- Data highlighter tool
- Messages report
- Crawl rate settings
- Email preferences
- Web tools
Google will continue to work on making the above tools and reports available in the new Search Console. However, Google recently stated that users shouldn’t expect all tools to be ported over to the new version.
Google paid tribute to the occasion by gathering its team for a group photo in front of the old Search Console interface.
Those who wish to pay their own tributes to the old Search Console are encouraged to post memories on Twitter using the #SCmemories hashtag.
- Pres. Trump takes on Google, alleges bias in searches
- Trump administration asks Google to shun China Search project
- Family, friends say goodbye to Melquan
- Is Captain America Really Dead After 'Avengers 4'? Chris Evans Says Goodbye in Tweet
- Google Says 48 Employees Were Fired For Sexual Harassment
- Peter Dinklage reacts to 'Game of Thrones' ending: 'It was definitely hard to say goodbye'
- Rights groups urge Google not to censor search for China
- Fareway employees say goodbye to the tie
- Google: Censored Version of Search Engine ‘Important to Explore’ CEO Says
- Say goodbye to Addison Russell, whom the Cubs suddenly don't know, or ever knew