Joint Downham Town boss Dale Stokes believes the side have a much stronger resolve this season and are no longer an easy touch. The early Thurlow Nunn Division One leaders have taken the league by storm going into tomorrow’s top-of-the-table clash against Mulbarton at the Memorial Field. Downham have won seven of their opening nine fixtures and Stokes said: “There have been times in the past where people have looked at Downham as an easy three points. “We’re in a position now where sides will be a bit cautious of us because of where we are sitting in the league table. “The majority of our squad has stuck together over the last few seasons and everyone knows each other really well as a lot of the lads went to school together. “We’ve had good squads in the past but age was probably against us a little bit as we had so many young players. “Now there’s a good balance and I think that is showing on the pitch.” Stokes believes that fifth-placed Mulbarton, who have three games in hand on Town, will provide the team with their toughest assignment so far. “Craig (Dickson) and myself both think that Mulbarton are… Read full this story
- Among the ghosts of Cambodia’s killing fields: on the set of Angelina Jolie’s new film
- Meet a new generation of rising stars of the Indian diaspora making a mark in diverse fields around the world
- 'M*A*S*H' Finale, 35 Years Later: Untold Stories of One of TV's Most Important Shows
- Fort-Bend County calendar of events
- Current Affairs January 2020: Know all about major events
- Ian McNulty: After a year of delicious dining, gratitude for those who make our food scene a true food culture
- Taking the Eire: Prince William and Kate Middleton stroll arm in arm on a romantic clifftop walk (with their security) after visit to cattle farm on second day of royal charm offensive tour of Ireland
- German investor plans sausage museum at former Nazi concentration camp
- HHS Secretary Alex Azar gives coronavirus update on 'Fox News Sunday'
- FMIA—3 A.M. Wakeup Call with Andy Reid: Talking Meatballs, Mahomes and Trying To Rip Out Hearts in Miami
Leaders Downham host Mulbarton Wanderers at the Memorial Field have 360 words, post on www.lynnnews.co.uk at September 19, 2019. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.