Influencer culture can be perplexing, and so much of it can be fueled by how a public figure makes their audience feel , rather than the figure themselves (see also: the film Jawline ). Caroline Calloway—a woman who has built a dedicated following via highly stylized photos with lengthy, essay-like captions on Instagram—has laid claim to a few titles, including artist and teacher. But many have been quick to also call her a scammer, based on a fairly disastrous creative workshop tour that (kind of) took place earlier in the year. Journalist Kayleigh Donaldson outlined the chaotic turn of events (or no events, all things considered) in a researched breakdown for Pajiba , " The Empty Mason Jar Of The Influencer Economy: The Case Of Caroline Calloway And Her Creative Workshop Tour. " There, Donaldson gathered a litany of damning posts that paint the picture of a poorly planned event, which promised things like orchid crowns, handwritten notes, lunch, and lessons on how to "cultivate" creativity for $165 per ticket. Instead, guests purchased spots before Calloway had, by her own admission, secured venues. "Calloway cancelled the events scheduled for Boston, Denver and Philadelphia, although this proved unsurprising given that Calloway… Read full this story
- Those Escaped Zebras Roaming Fancy-Free In Maryland Provide Eye-Opening Insights For AI Self-Driving Cars
- Hmong Cultural Center Museum Opening Will Be Delayed Several Weeks Due To Vandalism
- COVID-19 In Maryland: 1,103 New Cases, 13 Deaths Reported
- The Supreme Court will issue its final opinions of the term Thursday. Here are the two major cases.
- Michael Showalter broke from comedy to direct The Eyes Of Tammy Faye
- #ETIMC: Govt support required for startups, system integrators to deploy Open RAN on large scale, says Vodafone Idea
- Dawn Neesom: 'Caroline took her own life because of depression, not the media'
- Caroline Quentin hints at Strictly feuds as she claims 'other things going on' backstage
- BAFTA TV Awards worst dressed: Ferne McCann, Caroline Flack and Kate Garraway fail to impress
- Emma Raducanu US Open party went on 'until 4.45am' as Tim Henman talks joyous celebrations
Read these: The curious case of Caroline Calloway, in 2 eye-opening acts have 337 words, post on www.avclub.com at September 11, 2019. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.