Images are key for making your content shine online.Whether you’re creating a blog post, webpage, ebook or any other piece of content, adding visuals improves the overall user experience.You can’t, however, just pull images off the internet – it’s your responsibility to determine if and how you can use the image without violating copyright.Every image – whether you find it on Google, social media or on a stock photo site – gains copyright as soon as it’s created, and it’s up to you to know whether or not you have legal right to use it.The consequences of violating copyright (even accidentally) are serious.Those found guilty of copyright violation could face charges up to $150,000 for each infringement.Should a case go to trial, a party found guilty of copyright infringement is also responsible for all attorney fees and court costs.That’s not all – the court has the right to impound any work containing the copyright violation, and in extreme cases, the copyright infringer can face jail time.Discover six types of images and how to use them online.1. Use Public Domain Images (a.k.a. ‘No Copyright’ Images)Public Domain images have no copyright because:The copyright has expired.The work never had copyright to begin with.The… Read full this story
- The Comprehensive Guide to Quitting Google
- How automation will affect you – the experts’ view
- The case that Russia is winning the cyberwar
- DealBook Briefing: Elon Musk Turned Down a Fraud Settlement With the S.E.C.
- I hired a video-game coach to give me the edge in Fortnite
- What the Covington Catholic debacle tells us about the internet today
- 2019 Young Futurists: For These 25 Game Changers, the Future Is Now
- 10 ways digital accessibility improves the user experience
- 5 definite Ways to Avoid Google Penalty in 2019
- Unlocking Your Phone Without Permission Becomes Illegal Tomorrow: Here's Why You Should Care
The Essential Guide to Using Images Legally Online have 323 words, post on www.searchenginejournal.com at September 16, 2019. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.