EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (AP) â LeBron James has stepped into the spotlight of the now-strained relationship between the NBA and China with his comments about the league executive who started the ongoing fallout with what James derided as a “misinformed” tweet. Politicians, human rights groups and ordinary fans on social media have criticized the outspoken superstar, questioning the motivation of James’ comments. James spoke out Monday, his seven-minute session with reporters putting him squarely in the center of the ongoing international schism. Houston general manager Daryl Morey was “not really educated on the situation,” James asserted, when he sent out that since-deleted Oct. 4 tweet showing support for Hong Kong’s pro-democracy protests. On Tuesday, James acknowledged the criticism â and said he expected that it would be coming. “Obviously, it’s a tough situation that we’re all in right now, … I think when an issue comes up, if you feel passionate about it or you feel like it’s something you want to talk about, then so be it,” James said. “I also don’t think that every issue should be everybody’s problem as well.” Monday’s comments unleashed an immediate backlash against James, who has often spoken out on social and political… Read full this story
- LeBron James goes 'full throttle' in the playoffs, and no one in the NBA knows how to handle it
- Is LeBron James Leaving Cleveland Cavaliers Because Of Donald Trump?
- LeBron James trolls Kevin Love when asked for his MVP pick
- LeBron James New GOAT, Better Than Michael Jordan, JR Smith Says
- NBA Playoffs: LeBron James Still Confident After Cavaliers' Shock Loss To Pacers
- Truly run the neighborhood with our ‘NBA 2K18’ MyCareer Guide
- Trouble in Paradise: James Comey Stands at Odds with Band of Anti-Trump FBI Fellow Travelers
- Courtside cameras weren’t enough. This year, the NBA is doing VR right
- If you can’t beat ’em, Tweet em: How VH1 is changing the ratings game with hashtags
- ‘It was on (the) line!’ Wimbledon enters the live streaming era
As NBA-China tweet rift continues, James enters spotlight have 329 words, post on www.baynews9.com at October 15, 2019. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.