KENNESAW, GA — Kennesaw might not be the biggest in the state, but we recently received recognition as one of the best small cities in the nation.Personal finance site WalletHub released its 2019 Best Small Cities in America, which only included metros with populations between 25,000 and 100,000.Our city finished in the 80 percentile overall for best small cities in the United States. Total Score: 63.74Affordability Rank: 501Economic Health Rank: 425Education & Health Rank: 829Quality of Life Rank: 116Safety Rank: 287Kennesaw’s history begins when the Georgia Legislature authorized the construction of a rail line through Cobb County, the city said on its website. Known as the Western and Atlantic Railroad, its 20 miles of track stretched from Terminus (Atlanta) to Cartersville by 1846. Several small towns were founded along the railroad including Vinings, Smyrna, Acworth and Big Shanty. “The city’s approximately 32,000 residents enjoy Kennesaw as a great place to live, learn, work and play,” the city said. “The city’s combination of small town charm and big city amenities provides access to: excellent educational resourcesfirst-rate parks, greenspaces, public buildings, and athletic facilitieshigh quality and affordable recreation programssafe, well-maintained neighborhoods and central business district”The list compared more than 1,200 cities across… Read full this story
- Reno 6th best small city, Las Vegas 5th best large city in America for 2018
- How does Cleveland fare among best, worst cities for basketball fans?
- These are the best small fans to stay ultra cool this summer
- The 5 best Twin Cities burgers of the year ... so far
- The 25 best European city breaks for summer 2018 and where to stay
- Texas' best coastal cities to visit this summer
- Coventry City Academy graduate makes switch to League One rivals
- Ready to roll: Edmunds picks best small vans for businesses
- Cruise ships trigger identity crisis for a small city
- Is Springfield the 8th worst city? Councilman calls rankings list 'deeply flawed and lazy'
Best Small Cities In U.S. 2019: Kennesaw Makes The List have 303 words, post on patch.com at October 29, 2019. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.