SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea said on Sunday that it had no desire to engage in “nauseating negotiations” with the United States anymore, rejecting Washington’s suggestion that negotiators from both countries meet again in Stockholm in two weeks. In a statement issued a day after bilateral talks broke down in Stockholm on Saturday, the North Korean Foreign Ministry said that it would not meet with American negotiators again until after Washington took “practical measures for complete and irreversible withdrawal of hostile policy.” The ministry suggested that the Trump administration, faced with a slew of domestic political scandals, was more interested in forcing a deal on North Korea and claiming a major diplomatic achievement to help the president’s re-election bid than in satisfying the North’s demands. “The U.S. did nothing to prepare for these negotiations, but only pursued their political interest by using the North Korea-U.S. talks for their domestic politics,” said the ministry’s statement, which was carried by the North’s official Korean Central News Agency. Shortly after the talks broke down, Morgan Ortagus, a State Department spokeswoman, said that the United States had accepted the invitation of the Swedish government for American and North Korean negotiators to return to… Read full this story
- North Korea's Kim vows to clear 'shabby' South Korea relics from Kumgang resort
- I Have a Plan to Get North Korea to Give Up Its Nuclear Weapons
- Commentary: Whose idea was it to mix North Korea diplomacy and football?
- U.S. Proposed to Help North Korea Build Tourist Area: Report
- North Korea's Kim orders demolition of South-built resort
- Judith Miller and William Tobey: Trump takes risky gamble meeting with Kim and walking into North Korea
- North Korea Fakes Manufacture of $80 American/German Netbook for Re-Education and Business
- Otto Warmbier dead; former US prisoner of North Korea was 22
- Amid push to restart U.S. talks, Kim Jong Un gets confrontational
- UPDATE 4-N.Korea's Kim vows to clear 'shabby' S.Korea relics from Kumgang resort
North Korea Rules Out Quick Resumption of ‘Nauseating’ Talks with U.S. have 327 words, post on www.nytimes.com at October 6, 2019. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.