This story is part of The 2010s: A Decade in Review, a series on the memes, people, products, movies and so much more that have influenced the 2010s. In the last decade, apps (and by association, smartphones) have become an essential part of our lives. Since the iOS App Store and Google Play launched in 2008 with what seemed like mostly novelty titles, they’ve grown to include millions of apps that help us communicate, meet new people, listen to music and kill pigs with birds. Sure, we still use our phones to make calls sometimes, but apps are so popular there are now apps that tell you how much time you spend using apps on your phone. CNET’s Decade in Review here are our picks for the impactful apps of the 2010s. I crowdsourced this list from every CNET editor and then curated it further from there. The result is the list below in no particular order. Instagram What is it? Instagram allows you to share photos and videos. Why it’s on the list: Instagram has changed the way we think about photos and, for many of us, altered our eating habits (for a time I couldn’t start eating my dinner until I… Read full this story
- 'Hygiene' flagged 10 years ago at troubled mortuary
- Waiter (71) sues over slip in restaurant 10 years ago
- Fresh bid to build 170 news homes after 10 year delay
- 10 years of supporting local business pays off
- US manufacturing sector grows at slowest rate in 10 years in May
- Flashback to the Top 100 in 2009: has it really been 10 years?
- Looking back at Adur Bath Tub Race pictures from 10 years ago
- UK construction sector suffers worst output in 10 years
- Michael Jackson's orbit, 10 years later
- Why Dec's wife Ali Astall waited 10 years before tying knot
10 years in apps: These apps didn't exist in 2009, if you can believe it have 289 words, post on www.cnet.com at November 27, 2019. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.