Elizabeth Warren, who has spent much of the election staying clear of directly attacking political opponents while railing against systematic corruption, faces a new reality: a 77-year-old rich guy worth $54 billion has bulldozed into the Democratic primary. And Bernie Sanders, whose crusade against the billionaire class has become as ubiquitous as the finger wave that accompanies it, now has another reason to chomp at the bit. Enter: Michael Bloomberg, the latest billionaire to declare he is running for the Democratic nomination in 2020. In announcing his bid on Sunday, the former New York City mayor said he is running to “defeat Donald Trump and rebuild America.” In a statement and accompanying video, he said, “we cannot afford four more years of President Trump’s reckless and unethical actions. He represents an existential threat to our country and our values. If he wins another term in office, we may never recover from the damage.” Allies of Warren and Sanders allies don’t think Bloomberg, a New Yorker by way of Medford, Massachusetts, will have the chance to take on fellow New Yorker, Donald Trump. In fact, they view the billionaire’s entrance into the party “This may be one of the most important… Read full this story
- Senate Confirms Jerome H. Powell as Fed Chairman
- California Election 2022: What to know about November’s ballot propositions
- Trump Lawyer Boris Epshteyn Appears Before Atlanta Grand Jury
- 'What it’s like to receive a letter from the dad of the man who saved my life’
- Sophie Wessex mimics Kate Middleton in £1,535 dress but one change could make it 'better'
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle want to delay Netflix doc, memoir release for edits after queen's death: reports
- Brexit: Trade deal with UK 'up to EU', says Boris Johnson
- Who will race in WEC and IMSA with LMDh/LMH cars in 2023?
- Review: City Ballet Dresses Up for Another Fashion Letdown
- 'I'll never get back the years I lost' Woman shares heart-breaking forced adoption story
In Michael Bloomberg, Elizabeth Warren Has Finally Found a 2020 Dem to Attack have 320 words, post on www.thedailybeast.com at November 24, 2019. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.