We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more . Home / News / Connected home A smarter smart home The joint venture is rather unimaginatively called ‘Project Connected Home Over IP.’ Muhammad Jarir Kanji 18 Dec 2019 4 Source: Philips What you need to know Amazon, Apple, and Google are pooling resources to create a new standard for smart home technologies. ‘Project Connected Home Over IP’ aims to increase interoperability between different companies’ smart home products. Better still, it’s supposed to be open-source, further reducing the yoke of proprietary standards on our lives. If you’re a fan of smart home products and can’t wait to live in a futuristic utopia where everything in your house is ‘alive,’ Amazon, Apple, and Google may have some good news for you. The folks behind the Echo Dot, HomeKit, and the Nest Mini, respectively, are now working on creating a new standard to regulate smart home technology with the aim of “simplify[ing] development for device manufacturers and increas[ing] compatibility for consumers.” The name of the venture? Project Connected Home Over IP. Super boring, I know. But, hey, at least they have a cute acronym: CHIP. And it’s going to be… Read full this story
- Creating Wealth From Home
- Create Your Own Home Buyer Financing
- How to Create Your Own Website in Eight Easy Steps
- Home Business Income Streams That Work (And Some Highly Important Considerations To Chew Over!)
- 5 New Ways People are Making Money Online in the 21st Century
- Home Based Internet Businesses - Can You Really Make Money?
- Google's aggressive 'ambient computing' strategy means it wants to be everywhere
- Starting an Internet Home Business
- Legitimate Home Business Models For Moms
- How to Submit Your Site Map to Google, Yahoo! and MSN
Google, Apple, and Amazon join forces in creating new smart home standard have 285 words, post on www.androidcentral.com at December 18, 2019. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.