This story is part of The 2010s: A Decade in Review, a series on the memes, people, products, movies and so much more that have influenced the 2010s. In the last decade, apps (and by association, phones) have become an almost essential part of our lives. Since the iOS App Store and Google Play launched in 2008 with what seemed like mostly novelty titles, they’ve grown to include millions of apps that help us communicate, meet new people, listen to music and kill pigs with birds. Sure, we still use our phones to make calls sometimes, but apps are so popular there are now apps that tell you how much time you spend using apps on your phone. Also, technically, you use an app for actually make the phone calls. As part of CNET’s Decade in Review here are our picks for the impactful apps of the 2010s. I crowdsourced this list — some of the apps on it didn’t even exist as the decade began, a few did though — from every CNET editor and then curated it further from there. The result is the list below in no particular order. Instagram What is it? Instagram allows you to share… Read full this story
- Analysis: Justice Dept. reversal could cost states $220M in lottery profits
- Facebook announces privacy-focused redesign; critics call out potential pitfalls
- Chinese tourism to U.S. drops for 1st time in 15 years
- Logistics Recruiters Cast a Virtual Net for Workers
- For the love of Red Rock
- Q & A With MCA President Laura Hine
- Beyoncé the Creator: ‘Homecoming’ Review
- GTX Reports 2018 Financial Summary
- 12 Wines Under $12: How Low Can You Go and Still Find Values?
- Sri Lanka Bombings Live Updates: Police Warned That Churches Were Targets
Instagram was one of the most important apps of the decade have 282 words, post on www.cnet.com at December 9, 2019. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.