Elizabeth Warren’s campaign has been telling high-level allies today that the Massachusetts senator wants to deescalate her feud with Sanders over whether he he had told her that a woman couldn’t win the presidency, CBS News political correspondent Ed O’Keefe and campaign reporter Zak Hudak confirm. Buzzfeed first reported that Warren’s campaign is urging supporters not to accuse Sanders of sexism and wants to move on. Instead, Warren would prefer to refocus on resuming their progressive arguments against the moderates in the race at the debate tonight. The request to deescalate the feud with Sanders comes after a remarkable 48 hours that began with a Politico report exposing a script Sanders staffers have been instructing volunteers to use when discussing Warren’s chances. The memo reportedly claims that she would be unable to expand the base of the Democratic Party. Sanders denied he’d authorized the memo. Remarkably, Warren — who has spent more than a year refusing to attack her like-minded liberal friend from Vermont — engaged and criticized Sanders for allowing his campaign to steer into such attacks. On Monday afternoon, CNN reported that in December 2018, Sanders told Warren he didn’t think a woman could be elected president. Warren’s team was initially radio silent about the… Read full this story
- Elizabeth Warren declares criminal justice system "racist" from "front to back"
- Here’s how Elizabeth Warren fares in a very early 2020 poll against Donald Trump
- Elizabeth Warren meets with de Blasio at City Hall
- Elizabeth Warren is now smearing US law enforcement
- Why Bernie Sanders Wasn’t Invited to CAP’s Ideas Conference
- Can Bernie Sanders Break Through the Status Quo?
- Donald Trump Trailed Bernie Sanders by 12 Points in 2020 Election Possible Matchup Even Before Cohen Guilty Plea
- Ready for Warren Becomes Ready to Fight and Backs Bernie Sanders
- Possible Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Elizabeth Warren raises money in Utah
- Bernie Sanders Comes Out Fighting Against Trump and Trumpism
2020 Daily Trail Markers: Elizabeth Warren seeks to deescalate feud with Bernie Sanders have 316 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at January 14, 2020. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.