Share to Twitter Share to Linkedin Topline: With the Phase One trade deal signing scheduled for tomorrow, new details have emerged about China's pledge to significantly ramp up purchases of U.S. exports including manufactured goods, food, farm products, energy and services, sources told Reuters. The Phase One deal includes agreements on intellectual property, technology transfers and currency as well as explicit commitments from China to buy at least $200 billion of U.S. exports over the next two years, according to a U.S. Trade Representative document . The numbers are expected to be confirmed on Wednesday at a White House signing ceremony attended by U.S. President Trump and Chinese Vice Premier Liu He, according to Reuters. The target for manufactured goods is the largest, with China pledging to spend an additional $80 billion on U.S. autos, auto parts, aircraft, machinery, medical devices and semiconductors. China will also buy over $50 billion more in energy supplies and around $35 billion more of U.S. services. Chinese purchases of U.S. agriculture products (a critical component of the Phase One deal) will increase by $32 billion, or $16 billion a year, sources told Reuters. That's still short of the $50 billion annual goal called for… Read full this story
- India-China buy buy
- China ties agriculture binge to Donald Trump reducing retaliatory tariffs
- Ignorance Will Lead to an Economic China Syndrome - Outsourcing to China
- NYT Confirms Hunter Biden Bank of China Deal, Leaves Out Key Details
- Asian shares cheered by Brexit deal hopes, sterling shines
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asian shares cheered by Brexit deal hopes, sterling shines
- 700 Billion Dollar Bail Out - Auto Industry! A Middle Class Perspective!
- China's Stealth Abandonment of the Dollar Has Begun (Part Two)
- Buy Union Made Products!
- God Bless China
China Pledges To Buy $200 Billion Of American Goods Under Phase One Trade Deal have 286 words, post on www.forbes.com at January 14, 2020. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.