Google has temporarily shut down all its China offices due to the Coronavirus outbreak in the country. The company told the Verge that they had shut all offices in mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. Currently, the Chinese government has closed all offices for the extended Lunar New Year holiday so as residents can avoid travel. The country has been taking extensive measures to reduce the spread of the virus. A Google spokesperson said that they plan to keep the offices shut in accordance to government guidance and they have also placed temporary business travel restrictions on flying to Hong Kong and mainland China. Google has also advised employees who are currently in China and also employees who have immediate family members returning from China to get home as soon as possible and work from home for “at least 14 days from their departure”. Also Read: Coronavirus outbreak: How the tech world might get impactedGoogle’s decision is the latest in the list of tech companies putting checks and measures in place to deal with the viral outbreak that has 6,000 confirmed cases and around 132 deaths till now. The coronavirus, according to health officials, originated from… Read full this story
- Mysterious Issue Temporarily Blocked Nearly All China-Based Google Searches
- Alibaba IPO: Chairman Ma's China
- Emails Show Travis Kalanick Worried For Years About Google's Self-Driving Car Efforts
- Google ex-CEO Eric Schmidt defends the firm's plans to create a censored Chinese search engine saying it will help the country 'be more open'
- Is Google selling out for access to China's massive tech market?
- Top Chinese Diplomat: US Efforts to Contain Russia and China are ‘Destined to Fail’
- Google fires four employees including a software engineer who protested the company's work with the U.S. Border Patrol and sparked rally at the SF office last week
- Google walkout: Sundar Pichai reacts to ongoing protest; Says he is still the boss
- Google: Censored Version of Search Engine 'Important to Explore' CEO Says
- Google employees protest plans for Chinese censored search engine
Coronavirus outbreak: Google shuts down all China offices temporarily have 340 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at January 30, 2020. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.