It is a well-known fact that large construction projects in Berlin tend to take a little longer than initially planned. After the BER Airport , which is scheduled to start operating this month after a delay of more than eight years, a mammoth cultural project will soon open its doors: the Humboldt Forum . A gradual opening is planned, explained director Hartmut Dorgerloh at a press conference on Wednesday. As of December 17, 2020, only the lower lobby and the ground floor will be accessible to the public. The exhibitions on the second and third floors, as well as the viewing platform on the roof, will gradually be inaugurated over the coming year. The Humboldt Forum of the Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation was initially scheduled to open in 2019 , to coincide with the 250th anniversary of the eponymous researcher and explorer Alexander von Humboldt . Opening postponed several times The opening was however postponed due to numerous construction delays of the Berlin Palace, which houses the Humboldt Forum. The building costs also increased by around €50 million ($59 million), with the overall expenses for the construction of the Humboldt Forum reaching a total of €644 million. The cross installed atop the reconstructed… Read full this story
- Open-ended vs close-ended mutual fund scheme: What's the difference?
- Vietnam Online Business Forum opens
- Tim Ryan ends 2020 presidential campaign
- First National Park Forum opens in northwest China
- China-Central Asia Cooperation Forum opens in Nanning
- Hillary Clinton open to 2020 run for president
- England’s 2,800-mile Coast Path to open in 2020
- Registration Opens for 2020 Bank of America Chicago Marathon
- Disneyland's Rise of the Resistance Star Wars ride will open in 2020
- Democratic Candidates Rebuke Trump at Criminal Justice Forum
Humboldt Forum to open before the end of 2020 have 267 words, post on www.dw.com at January 8, 2020. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.