(CNN)A Maryland police officer who allegedly filmed a shirtless man speaking nonsensically to officers — after the man was punched and stomped in the street — has been suspended, Prince George’s County Police Department Chief Henry Stawinski said. Though Stawinski did not identify the person in the video by name, friends and former teammates have said the man is former NBA player Delonte West, and tattoos on the man’s left arm and shoulder match West’s ink. The department has launched an investigation into how the video was made public, Stawinski said. West has reportedly struggled with mental illness. The chief understands the sentiment that releasing the video might result in the man getting the help he needs, but the video is part of an ongoing investigation, he said. “That said, it’s irresponsible for that (video) — taken by a Prince George’s County police officer — to be in the public’s hands,” he told reporters Tuesday. “The department owns that, and that is the issue that I’m addressing. … That’s evidence.” Read More CNN’s attempts to reach West were unsuccessful. A number linked to a Fort Washington address was no longer valid, and another phone number linked to West rang busy…. Read full this story
- Hong Kong police officers beat an unarmed protester during anti-mask-ban rallies as Chinese army sends its first warning that it is willing to clamp down on pro-democracy activists
- New vision shows the dramatic moment musclebound Sydney shooter is taken down by a hail of bullets after he fired on a police station with a 12-gauge shotgun
- Maryland’s top judge says judges aren’t cause of Baltimore’s violence
- 'I ain't no terrorist': London Bridge terrorist Usman Khan slams police for raiding his home in 2008 interview - as friends describe modest upbringing in Stoke-on-Trent with his Pakistani Kashmiri family including taxi driver dad
- Sixth grade teacher who took a knee during the Pledge of Allegiance is reassigned during homeroom after ex-cop called her 'self-righteous' and complained her 'parenting'-style actions were 'reprehensible'
- Goo Hara Fans Petition for Further Investigation Into Sexual Assault Allegations Against Ex-Boyfriend Choi Jong-bum
- TikTok parent company complicit in censorship and Xinjiang police propaganda: report
- Highly-decorated female cop, 54, told her career is over after sister sent her child abuse video on WhatsApp
- London Bridge shooting RECAP: 'Three dead' after knifeman in fake explosive vest 'stabs workers'
- In the 2010s, Fame Went Multi-Platform
Maryland police officer suspended after video of ex-NBA player Delonte West spreads across Internet have 394 words, post on edition.cnn.com at January 23, 2020. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.