WASHINGTON (Reuters) – President Donald Trump said on Saturday the United States has targeted 52 Iranian sites that it would strike if Iran attacks Americans or U.S. assets in response to a U.S. drone strike that killed Iranian military commander Qassem Soleimani in Iraq. FILE PHOTO: U.S. President Donald Trump makes a speech to evangelical supporters in Miami, Florida, U.S., January 3, 2020. REUTERS/Eva Marie Uzcategui Showing no signs of seeking to reduce tensions raised by the strike on Friday that he ordered, the U.S. president issued a stern threat to Iran on Twitter. Trump wrote that Iran “is talking very boldly about targeting certain USA assets” in response to Soleimani’s death. Trump said the United States has “targeted 52 Iranian sites” and that some were “at a very high level & important to Iran & the Iranian culture, and those targets, and Iran itself, WILL BE HIT VERY FAST AND VERY HARD.” “The USA wants no more threats!” Trump said, adding that the 52 targets represented the 52 Americans who were held hostage in Iran after being seized at the U.S. embassy in Tehran in 1979. Trump’s suggestion that the United States could strike targets of importance to Iranian… Read full this story
- Trump Warns of US Attack Against 52 Iranian Targets If Tehran Strikes US Citizens, Assets
- Donald Trump says ALL uninsured people will get free coronavirus treatment using cash from $2 trillion rescue funds - but will not re-open Obamacare exchanges
- 'Barron is not so unhappy!' Donald Trump says his son didn't 'complain' about not being at school as he praises education system for switching to remote learning
- Trump threatens heavy price if Iran conducts 'sneak attack' on US troops
- Trump says jobs will come back 'very quickly'
- Trump in crisis mode uses Hannity interview to attack the media and Democratic governors
- Yang says Asian Americans being attacked over coronavirus is 'a heartbreaking phenomenon'
- No Matter What Trump Says or Does, the GOP Will Never Abandon Him
- Trump says he's a cheerleader for USA. We need a quarterback
- Face coverings recommended, but Trump says he won't wear one
Trump says U.S. would hit 52 Iranian sites if American targets attacked have 342 words, post on www.reuters.com at January 4, 2020. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.