Google is reportedly working on a new Operating System (OS) codenamed ‘Pigweed’. The search giant filed a trademark for the Pigweed OS. But this isn’t the first time we’ve heard of Pigweed with Google.According to a report by 9to5Google, Pigweed was first spotted in a code from Google’s developing Fuchsia OS. This happened through a code change for Fuchsia where the developers mentioned “pigweed” but it was quickly changed to “fuchsia”. This would suggest that Google’s Pigweed and Fuchsia are possibly related. But the two could be different operating systems as well.Another instance of the Pigweed appearance was found in the Google Chromium code repository where “pigweed” was mentioned in a code related to “Monorail”. This is an issue tracker used by Google for Chrome and other projects. These are the only two known incidents of Google’s Pigweed appearing in the past. The latest trademark filed by Google highlights Pigweed as a “computer operating system”. Other than these information there isn’t anything else known about Google’s Pigweed. There’s also no word on when and if Google will make Pigweed official. It isn’t clear either if Pigweed will be a new operating system for smartphones. Google has been working on Fuchsia… Read full this story
- Google Pixel 4a review: Impressive camera and Android experience
- Here's what people Googled this year as they tried to make sense of 2020
- Graham Norton is most dangerous celebrity to google in frightening study
- New Alien Game, Blackout, Revealed In Trademark Filing
- A nail in Oracle's Java coffin - aka, "That's why Google hired Timothy Bray"
- Google, Intel, Dell, collaboration giants like Zoom, Slack form Modern Computing Alliance
- Towie beauty guru who had twice-yearly anti-wrinkle jabs for a decade suffers facial paralysis and violent seizures four times a day in ‘worst case of Botox poisoning ever seen’
- More Stimulus Relief Before Christmas Appears Slim as Congressional Leaders Show Little Enthusiasm for Bipartisan Proposal
- Quibi: What is it, why did it fail and what comes next?
- 2021 may be the year of foldable smartphones, here’s why
Google Pigweed trademark appears but this it was already mentioned twice before have 345 words, post on m.hindustantimes.com at February 7, 2020. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.