President Donald Trump announced he was ordering an immediate shut-down of all travel from Europe to the United States from midnight on Friday to try to stop the spread of coronavirus in the US in an extraordinary address to the nation on Wednesday night. ‘We will be suspending all travel from Europe to the United States for the next 30 days,’ Trump announced, conceding that world health officials had now declared the health crisis a pandemic after insisting for days that it would ‘go away’ and urging Americans not to panic. The ban will apply to travelers who have visited 26 countries in the EU’s Schengen border-free area in the last 14 days, but not travelers from the UK or Ireland, or to US citizens, American permanent residents and their immediate family members. Vice President Mike Pence said on Thursday morning that all Americans returning from Europe would be asked to quarantine when they return. Trump said the ban would come into effect at ‘midnight’ on Friday though confusion reigned over exactly how it would be implemented – including how the cut-off would apply across time zones, which routes Americans would be allowed to use to get home, and whether travelers… Read full this story
- DHS May Work With U.N. on Selecting Families to Enter U.S.
- The Latest: Another record in Russia's daily virus numbers
- Nicola Sturgeon humiliated as vaccine passport plan torn apart: 'We're not ready!'
- Will New Covid Treatments Be as Elusive for Poor Countries as Vaccines?
- Caribbean countries and British Virgin Islands ‘likely to be added to green list for holidays’
- Columbia Banking System Inc (COLB) Q4 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
- Wales NHS Covid pass: What is it and how do I get one?
- A country-by-country guide to S'pore's new Vaccinated Travel Lanes
- Columbia Banking System Inc (COLB) Q3 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
- Masco Corp (MAS) Q4 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
Donald Trump BANS visitors from Europe from entering the US for 30 days starting at midnight on Friday - but excludes the UK and Ireland - in effort to staunch coronavirus pandemic. But how will it slow spread of virus ALREADY inside US? have 306 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 12, 2020. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.