On Feb. 28, questions about the coronavirus swirled around Google’s offices. The company was being criticized for YouTube’s handling of hoax videos, a major company conference was cancelled and an employee in Zurich tested positive.In the midst of this, Chief Executive Officer Sundar Pichai sent a memo reminding thousands of his workers about Google’s important role as a provider of timely and accurate information in uncertain times. “You’ve heard me talk about helpfulness in the context of moments big and small. This is one of those big moments,” he wrote.Since Covid-19 began to spread, Google has aggressively intervened in some of its most popular online services to limit the spread of misinformation. This is a departure for a company that has relied heavily on software and automation to index and rank information throughout its 22-year existence.Also read: Google hides search results for coronavirus apps in Play StoreGoogle searches related to the virus now trigger an “SOS Alert,” with news from mainstream publications including National Public Radio, followed by information from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization displayed prominently. In contrast, a recent search for “flu season” showed the website… Read full this story
- Google Abandons Its Chinese Search Engine...But Not The Chinese Market
- Google launches UK job searching service
- FBI Arrests Members Of LulzSec, Anonymous, Google Couples Mobile-PC Search History, China Is Facebook’s Biggest Asia App Partner
- Google Removed 700,000 Problematic Apps From Its Android Play Store in 2017
- Congressmen question Google over kids' privacy on YouTube
- Is Google Siriously Nervous About Search Innovations?
- Google Unveils Real Time Search, Translation, Image Searching, Goggles…Awkwardly
- Joel Embiid learned to shoot by searching YouTube for 'white people shooting 3 pointers'
- Bing Battles Google by Re-Designing Search
- Google Now Promoting Patents Searches
Google removes coronavirus misinformation on Search, YouTube have 307 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at March 10, 2020. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.