By Oliver Darcy, CNN Business Updated 2120 GMT (0520 HKT) March 12, 2020 Chat with us in Facebook Messenger. Find out what’s happening in the world as it unfolds. New York (CNN Business)As the coronavirus pandemic gripped the country over the last several weeks, television viewers — especially those supportive of President Donald Trump —- had one place they could go to for some sense of solace: Fox News. “If you are over the mass hysteria, if your’e over politicizing and weaponizing of the coronavirus, you are not alone,” Sean Hannity, highest-rated host on Fox News, assured the network’s prime time audience this week. Indeed, over the past several weeks, top hosts and personalities on the conservative cable news network downplayed concerns about the virus, baselessly accusing credible news organizations of overhyping the crisis to hurt Trump politically. At other times, Fox News hosts and personalities pointed to the death toll of the seasonal flu, misleading the network’s audience into thinking that the coronavirus was receiving more attention because it is novel, while the flu in fact kills more Americans and was, thus, more dangerous and cause for alarm. That’s not to say that some of the coverage on Fox… Read full this story
- Shepard Smith Lashes Out at Former Fox News Colleagues for Spreading 'Disinformation'
- Fox News, OANN, and Newsmax Pretend Trump’s Not Leaving in Disgrace
- Shep Smith breaks his silence about why he left Fox News
- Fox News Host Mocks His Colleague Chris Wallace for Praising Biden’s Inauguration Speech
- Shep Smith: I Don’t Know How Former Fox News Colleagues Who ‘Propagated the Lies’ Sleep at Night
- Fox News portrayed it as one of the biggest scandals in American history. Then it fell apart
- Fox News Anchor Chris Wallace Calls Biden's Inauguration Speech 'Best' He's Ever Heard
- Obama condemns current media ecosystem, citing Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, and spread of QAnon
- Trump Pardons Fox News Host’s Ex-Husband With Minutes Left in Office
- Biden speech draws high praise across media — even on Fox News
How Fox News misled viewers about the coronavirus have 342 words, post on edition.cnn.com at March 12, 2020. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.