A few days ago the EVE Online community witnessed a baffling event. A player by the name of Lactose Intolerant was killed in an Orca mining freighter while transporting a ridiculous amount of valuable blueprints to one of EVE Online’s trade hubs. Almost everything was destroyed. Though no exact estimate of their value can be made, players I’ve spoken to guess Lactose Intolerant’s total loss to be around 500 billion ISK. When converted to EVE Online subscription time it equals nearly $5,000 USD, making it one of the biggest kills in EVE history. In the last seven days alone, the most expensive single kill in EVE was only around 240 billion ISK—and that was for an entire Keepstar, the Death Stars of EVE Online.What perplexed most players, though, was the situation in which Lactose Intolerant was killed. Transporting nearly 800 blueprints of that value is beyond risky and requires extremely specialized ships that can slip through undetected or are so slippery they’re impossible for gankers to pin down. But Lactose was flying a sluggish, 150 million kg Orca, and he was doing it through a star system infamous for being a ganker’s paradise.In my initial report, actual details on what… Read full this story
- Trump says he will 'look very strongly' at pardoning Edward Snowden after previously calling him a 'traitor' who should be 'executed'
- Dad of Manchester victim, 18, says ‘he wants to die’ as bomber’s coward brother refuses to attend court
- Christchurch mosque attack victim's mum confronts killer saying 'you failed miserably'
- Bungling de Blasio U-turns AGAIN: NYC Mayor says he will move 13,000 homeless out of Manhattan hotels and back into shelters after furious New Yorkers complain that the city is becoming a shanty town
- Victor Anichebe: Ex-Everton striker says he was victim of racial profiling after being stopped while driving
- EXCLUSIVE: Michael Cohen is seen for the first time since revealing his bombshell book will say he witnessed golden showers, covered up Donald Trump’s affairs and accuses him of wanting to be president for life to stay out of prison
- 'The guy looks nothing like me': Black man says he was falsely identified as shoplifter by one of Rite Aid's 200 facial recognition cameras placed predominantly in low-income, non-white areas of LA and Manhattan
- 'Insecure' actor Kendrick Sampson says he was hit 7 times with rubber bullets by police while protesting
- Melania Trump pleads for an end to 'looting and violence in the name of justice' as she tackles racial division, mourns victims of COVID and backs her husband saying he gives 'total honesty' and 'loves America'
- James Middleton says he 'owes dogs his life' because they are by his side through 'troubled and good times' in a new interview about his battle with depression
The victim of EVE Online's $5,000 gank says he's struggling with the aftermath have 451 words, post on www.pcgamer.com at March 13, 2020. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.