NEW DELHI: After NASA and Elon Musk’s space exploration company SpaceX, it’s now Google’s turn to ban its employees from using the Zoom app. Ever since work from home has become a norm across the world due to the coronavirus pandemic, professionals have turned to apps like Zoom. The teleconferencing app has seen its popularity go through the charts but comes with its fair share of privacy concerns. As reported by BuzzFeed, Google sent an email last week to all its employees about banning the app. Google told its employees that whoever had Zoom installed on their machines, the software will soon not function. Google emailed employees last week about the ban, telling workers who had the Zoom app installed on their Google-provided machines that the software would soon no longer function. Interestingly, Google does have its own Zoom competitor, Meet, which is a part of the G-Suite apps. Google spokesperson Jose Castaneda told BuzzFeed News that the company has had a policy of not allowing employees to use “unapproved apps” for work. “Recently, our security team informed employees using Zoom Desktop Client that it will no longer run on corporate computers as it does not meet our security standards… Read full this story
- Instagram Adds Stories Sharing From Spotify, More Face Filters, and Video Chat
- The Best Ways to Video Chat from Windows, Mac, iPhone, or Android
- Russia wants Apple and Google to remove Telegram from their app stores
- Google Abandons Allo Chat App to Focus on RCS Messaging
- Google is launching an Android chat service to replace SMS
- Google weakens chat app privacy pledge
- As expected, Nintendo’s new Switch voice chat app needs work
- Instagram adds Spotify and GoPro integration, video chat and AR camera effects
- Instagram is launching a video chat feature
- Iran has banned Telegram after claiming the app encourages "armed uprisings"
Google bans employees from using this video chat app have 301 words, post on www.gadgetsnow.com at April 9, 2020. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.