Google has reportedly banned its employees from using the Zoom video conferencing software. The company has sent an email to its employees who had the Zoom app installed on their work laptops.Zoom has been in the news for the right and wrong reasons. While the video conferencing software has been in demand due to the work from home policy in several countries owing to coronavirus, there have been several reports citing security concerns on the platform.In its email, Google has stated that the Zoom app will stop working on their laptops this week, citing ‘security vulnerabilities.’Close “We have long had a policy of not allowing employees to use unapproved apps for work that are outside of our corporate network,” Jose Castaneda, a Google spokesperson, told BuzzFeed News. Google has its own video conferencing app called ‘Meet’, a direct competitor to Zoom. related news Zoom hires ex-Facebook security chief as Google bans desktop app Google gifts two-months access to Stadia Pro as gamers stay at home US approves Google request to use segment of US-Asia undersea cable “Recently, our security team informed employees using Zoom Desktop Client that it will no longer run on corporate computers as it does not meet… Read full this story
- Pixel 3 launch: Google unveils new smartphone and Home Hub smart screen
- WhatsApp Bug Left Users Exposed to Hacking When Answering Video Call
- Google staff 'discussed ways to alter search to counter Trump Muslim travel ban'
- Activists at Geneva conference urge ban on 'killer robots'
- 'This Is a Major Issue, Because Google’s Got a Huge Amount of Power' – Expert
- Activists urge killer robot ban 'before it is too late'
- Google Handing Over Data to FBI a ‘Clear & Present Danger’ to Users
- Facebook announces first hardware device – a video calling screen
- Russia: Google removes Putin critic's ads
- RSPCA 'troubled' by dog ban on pitches
Google bans employees from using Zoom video conferencing over security issues have 302 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at April 9, 2020. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.