Life is returning to some kind of normal in Dortmund. In the state of North-Rhine Westphalia, lockdown was eased further on Friday allowing cafes, restaurants and bars with outside seating to reopen. In the main market square, groups of friends gather outside the traditional German beer halls, drinking and eating. Inside shops and on public transport people wear compulsory masks but outside many pull them down around their necks.But perhaps the most radical move yet in the lockdown lifting is the return of professional football.This weekend the Bundesliga becomes the first major European football league to swing back into action, having last played on 11 March.In Dortmund the whole city seemingly follows the football team, the walls and windows of the bars and pubs adorned with the yellow and black the side wears. Advertisement On Saturday, the famous Westfalenstadion – renamed Signal Iduna Park – hosts one of the biggest games in German football between Borussia Dortmund and bitter local rivals Schalke, based in Gelsenkirchen, just 18 miles away.The Revierderby has been played 179 times before but never like this. More from Germany Coronavirus: Germany in recession as economy takes biggest hit since crash Coronavirus: Germany infection rate rises after lockdown… Read full this story
- Indian women's football league to commence from January 24
- Football Delhi launches first-ever U-17 Khelo India Girls Football League at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium
- Holmesdale FC walk off after alleged racist abuse in Southern Counties East Football League match
- Son Heung-min Included in Top 100 Footballers in Europe
- Gardner Minshew Isn’t On A Roster In His Own Fantasy Football League
- Premier League threatens more red cards in crackdown on indiscipline
- What is the highest attendance for a non-league game in England?
- Indian Women's League 2020 to Start on January 24: Know the Teams Confirmed to Be Participating
- Donald Trump is currently a bigger headache for Europe than Iran
- Eric Dier seals England’s stunning comeback against Germany
Coronavirus: Germany to become first major football league in Europe to swing back into action have 322 words, post on news.sky.com at May 16, 2020. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.