A Washington state judge has dismissed a lawsuit alleging that Fox News violated the state’s Consumer Protection Act (CPA) when its personalities downplayed the coronavirus epidemic as a hoax.King County Judge Brian McDonald threw out the lawsuit saying that it would violate the network’s First Amendment rights guaranteeing freedom of the press.In early April, the watchdog group Washington League for Increased Transparency and Ethics (WASHLITE) filed the lawsuit against Fox News, its parent company Fox Corp., the channel distributors AT&T and Comcast, and Fox News CEO Rupert Murdoch.Specifically, the lawsuit claimed that Fox News “knowingly disseminated false, erroneous, and incomplete information” on COVID-19 that was believed by viewers and hampered “implementation of effective mitigation and countermeasures against the virus.” The lawsuit also said Fox’s coverage “damaged the membership of WASHLITE, in their business, property, and health,” adding, “One member of WASHLITE has contracted the virus.”In its filing, WASHLITE cited Fox News personality Sean Hannity’s March 9 comments about coronavirus.”I don’t like how we are scaring people unnecessarily, and that is unless you have an immune system that is compromised, and you are older, and have other underlying health issues, you are not going to die 99 percent from this virus,”… Read full this story
- CBS vice-chair Shari Redstone 'is looking into launching a rival to Fox News and has already spoken to Megyn Kelly'
- Fox News lawsuit alleges Roger Ailes offered contributor a promotion in exchange for sex
- Gretchen Carlson sues Fox News for being a He-Man Woman-Haters Club
- Fox News officially fires Roger Ailes
- R.I.P. Roger Ailes, Fox News founder and ex-CEO
- Fox News crushes MSNBC, CNN to win 71st straight quarter as ‘Hannity’ finishes atop cable news
- Nicole Kidman's Gretchen Carlson wages a war against Fox News in new
- Repubicans: Raise the Volume on Ten Commandments; Judge Roy Moore Run for Alabama Governor
- Ignorance Can Lead to CEO Lawsuits
- Presenting - Sheila Blinoff and Carole Stimmell From the Beach Metro News - A Centre of Information
Judge Throws Out Lawsuit Against Fox News About Coronavirus Coverage on First Amendment Grounds have 343 words, post on www.newsweek.com at May 27, 2020. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.