Voters in Virginia are suing state election officials for loosening restrictions on absentee ballots for next month’s statewide primary, arguing that the coronavirus is not a reason to shut down in-person polling places.Democrat Gov. Ralph Northam and state election officials have been pushing for vote by mail for the June 23 primary to prevent the spread of the virus, saying that voters can use the “disability” or “illness” qualification for an absentee ballot. The Fox News D.C. affiliate reported on the lawsuit, filed by attorney Jim Bopp on behalf of six northern Virginia voters: “The same social distancing and good hygiene practices — which are effective for preventing the spread of the virus when going out for essential services, like grocery shopping and other essential services — are also an effective way to prevent the spread of the virus for in-person voting,” the lawsuit states. The lawsuit also says that a dramatic increase in absentee ballots “would be a logistical nightmare and increases the risk of disenfranchisement.” “Due to the sudden surge in absentee ballots that will result from the Plan, many voters will be disenfranchised because requested ballots never arrive or arrive too late and filled-out ballots get lost… Read full this story
- Reports link kids screen time to increased risk of cancer and short-sightedness
- People who are bullied at work have an increased risk of heart attacks, study finds
- Having children is linked to increased risk of heart disease, new study suggests – but don't let that put you off
- U.S. Exit From Nuclear Arms Pact Increases Risks of War, Gorbachev Says
- Baby boys 'increase risk of post-natal depression'
- Fewer dental appointments could increase risk of oral cancer, experts warn
- Bankers have just signed off on policies that could increase risk of another GFC
- Higher iron levels linked with increased risk of cardioembolic stroke
- Short gaps between pregnancies ‘increase risk of mums dying and premature birth’
- Just ONE energy drink ‘increases risk of heart problems – in 90 minutes’, experts warn
Virginia Lawsuit: Mass Vote-by-Mail ‘Logistical Nightmare, Increases Risk of Disenfranchisement’ have 335 words, post on www.breitbart.com at May 23, 2020. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.