Joe Biden and Kamala Harris delivered an aggressive one-two attack on the character and performance of President Donald Trump on August 12, as they made their election case for the first time as running mates.Also read: Kamala Harris, supporter of Green Card reform, is now on the U.S. presidential ticketMr. Biden, a 77-year-old white man, embraced the significance of naming the first African-American woman to a major party’s presidential ticket, but he also focused on other attributes Ms. Harris brings to the ticket. He hailed the California senator, the 55-year-old former prosecutor who a year ago excoriated Mr. Biden on a primary debate stage, as the right woman to help him defeat Trump and then lead a nation facing crises in triplicate — a pandemic, wounded economy and long— simmering reckoning with racism.”Kamala knows how to govern. She knows how to make the hard calls. She’s ready to do this job on day one,” he said.Reflecting the coronavirus pandemic, both candidates came onstage wearing protective masks in a high school gym with relatively few in attendance, not in a hall filled with cheering supporters as would normally be the case. Both spoke without masks but did not physically embrace.Mr. Biden… Read full this story
- Joe Biden: We Should ‘Build Upon’ Obamacare
- Nancy Pelosi expects televised impeachment hearings THIS MONTH - but warns that the Democrats' case against Donald Trump has to be 'ironclad'
- Rocky rollout for Warren’s single payer pitch
- WRESTLEMANIA Part 1
- Pinkel, Mizzou applaud Michael Sam’s courage
- 2013 NFL Week 9 rundown
- Mailbag: SEC West hype, Mississippi State’s rise, Pac-12 playoff hopes
- Dominant Kentucky, surprising Big East part of tasty early slice of college hoops
Joe Biden, Kamala Harris lash Donald Trump in introduction of historic VP pick have 277 words, post on www.thehindu.com at August 13, 2020. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.