The 2020 Democratic National Convention (DNC), after already making plans to be held virtually and with a shorter run-time, will see a reduced list of top party speakers. Two hours have been allotted for each night from August 17–20 for the DNC where former Vice President Joe Biden is poised to accept the nomination to take on incumbent Donald Trump in November. According to unnamed sources Politico reported on Saturday that the reductions have seen the Biden campaign having to make “ruthless cuts” to some high profile guests there, although the final schedule is not yet been completed. “We want to have as few elected officials as possible”, said a Biden adviser. “Every one of these politicians — they give them three minutes but then they take 15. We are trying to avoid that. There will be a lot of video and a lot of regular people”. “It goes without saying that the party’s two most popular figures”, former President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama, will be given a large big role even with the limited time, the sources familiar with the planning report. Former President Bill Clinton and 2016 Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton will be included too … Read full this story
- Wisconsin Sen. Tammy Baldwin, Bernie Sanders shared stage with 9/11 conspiracy theorist
- Joe Biden campaigns for Tammy Baldwin, Tony Evers: 'We're in a battle for America's soul'
- Trump, Biden campaign on opposite sides of Nev. Senate race
- Biden campaigns for Democratic candidates in Florida rally
- WATCH LIVE: Former VP Joe Biden campaigns in North Dakota for Senator Heidi Heitkamp
- Trump campaign selling email and phone lists for millions of supporters
- Twin Cities don't make the cut as Amazon narrows list of possible second HQ cities
- ‘1,000 Books to Read Before You Die’ author James Mustich on what did (and didn’t) make the cut
- Review: 'Pick of the Litter' makes the cut
- Movie review: 'Pick of the Litter' makes the cut
Sanders and Kasich to Share Stage at DNC While Biden Campaign Makes 'Ruthless Cuts' to Speaker List have 323 words, post on sputniknews.com at August 8, 2020. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.