Angela Merkel is drawing up plans for a so-called ‘lockdown light’ in which bars and restaurants would shut but most schools would stay open, German media says. Merkel is due to hold talks with regional leaders on Wednesday amid rapidly rising coronavirus infections in Germany, with her economy minister warning that cases could soon reach 20,000 per day. According to Bild, the ‘lockdown light’ would see schools and kindergartens remain open except in areas with particularly high infection numbers, unlike in the spring when they were shut down across the country. Events would be banned and bars and restaurants would shut down entirely, but some shops would be allowed to remain open under certain conditions. Infections have surged to an average of 10,900 a day in Germany with one government minister warning that daily cases could soon exceed 20,000 Average daily deaths are now up to 37 after slowing to a trickle over the summer, but are growing more slowly than in France, Italy or Spain Merkel’s talks with Germany’s 16 state premiers have been brought forward to Wednesday with cases continuing to rise. Under Germany’s federal system, individual states have the final say on which restrictions to impose, and… Read full this story
- Coronavirus update: Spain records world's second biggest outbreak, Singapore to close schools as 1 million cases confirmed worldwide
- Sweden’s top coronavirus doc says Britain’s lockdown goes TOO FAR as his country allows pubs and schools to stay open
- Starbucks Employees Got Sick. Starbucks Stores Stayed Open.
- All Wisconsin K-12 Schools To Close Over Coronavirus
- Prince George and Princess Charlotte's school becomes the latest to send pupils home for coronavirus isolation - as NINE shut - despite advice it's 'unnecessary' - offices close and sports fixtures are cancelled across UK
- Virus expert says all 50 states need to be on lockdown at the same time otherwise the coronavirus curve won't flatten and predicts social distancing will continue for another 10 weeks
- Eli Cannon's Closes, Lays Off Staff Amid Coronavirus Concerns
- 40 states now have stay-at-home orders for coronavirus. These are the 10 that don't.
- Coronavirus: EU internal borders could stay shut
- The world shuts down: Map shows how a third of the global population - 3BILLION people - are now under coronavirus lockdown
Germany braces for 'lockdown light': Bars and restaurants could be closed while schools would stay open under plans 'set to be proposed by Merkel' as infections surge have 365 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at October 27, 2020. This is cached page on SEO. If you want remove this page, please contact us.